Friday, May 22, 2009

Garden Gallery...Spring in Indiana



A part of spring in Indiana.......baby birdies.....

This nest has been there for several years. I wasn't sure a bird would nest there again - especially if a human has been "pruning" around it. It's to the right of the garage. I almost ripped it down this March when I was cleaning up the Ivy and I left it....a Mama Robin did lay her eggs and has been sitting on the nest for weeks. Every time the garage door goes up - Mama robin flies off. Today I noticed three beaks - and upon closer look see that there are 3 baby robins.

Mum and Dad Robin are very close by - but there is no more room in the nest for them!

This must be the "big brother" - the other two are under him.


Below are some photos taken today of my garden - coming along nicely - we have had lots of lovely rain and perfect temperatures for spring growth. Mum and Dad - thought you might especially enjoy knowing you contributed by taking down the perennial growth in September. That made my spring much easier!

BTW...I have been looking everywhere for my garden gloves this afternoon....and now I spot them on top of my chimnea (Mexican fire pot).







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Leisa

A magnificent garden as usual. It is hard to believe the transition from the snow pictures. You have it looking so beautiful. Could even get a glimpse of Tim and Debbie's home. Takes a photo for the blog to find your gloves!
Love
Mum

Garry said...

wow...fantastic images. It must be very satisfying to just wander around it. The grass looks healthy - do you have to weed or fertilise it?

leisa said...

Yes - I fertilize...America (at least mid-west) has a Four-Step Fertilizer Program - March is Fertilizer and Broad Leaf weeds, May in Fertilizer and worm/bug killer, August is fertilizer and weed killer, October is Winterizer. a little over the top if you ask me - typical of the American culture. I fertilize twice a year - spring and fall. I use Weed and Feed - takes care of weeds and fertilizes. Sometimes I have to weed as well.