Monday, May 31, 2010

May Garden - Draycott Drive

The following are a selection of photos of the garden at the end of May - late spring. Mum - these areposted for our discussion purposes. There ae some things I want to point out to you.
The Draycott Drive Garden Journal could become a regular, recurring topic for the Outback Indiana blog site.
I am trying bogonias again. I have hadno luck in the past -maybe water them too much? They seem to rot at the soil.



Boring looking entrance right now - the annuals need to get growing and providesome color. Today I trimmed the Ivy on both sides of the garage to below the light. Kevin and Russ are getting ready to start the outdoor trim paint and are repping with a power washer. The Ivy trim was prep before the prep.

Beautiful Lambs Ear.



The garden beside the patio.


The pond. Looking good.






Mr. Black comfortable having his afternoon libation. Note wine glass.


We have at least 7 frogs in the pond. Various sizes from tiny (See below and look back at the pond picture above for the scale of the Toad House) to medium to large.


This guy is about the size of an Aussie 50c

Big Black posing for his chance at fame.

I forget the name of these - I think Baptisma Plant?

2 comments:

Garry said...

that pond was built by someone who knows what they are doing

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.