Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Approved for U.S. Citizenship


I had my Citizenship Interview yesterday with Officer Gieler. She went through my application, asked a few questions - like how many children I had born in the U.S. , how many times I have been married, whether I have ever been arrested. Then she asked me 10 Civics questions (I had studied all 100), had me sign some documents and indicated she would be approving my application for citizenship. The whole thing took about 10 minutes. Next step is to get notification on the next Oath Ceremony (she said I'll receive notification in 2-3 monhts) and once I take the oath - I will be a U.S. citizen. I will, of course still have my Aussie citizenship - so I will be dual.

One step closer......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Love, Mum and Dad

Anonymous said...

Leisa,
Congratulations from both of us.
Does that mean that you have to talk with a funny accent from now on?
Lots of Love
Lesle & CC.

leisa said...

Dear Lesle and CC - No...I still have the right to talk with my Aussie accent!! And I will proudly! It still amazes me when some people are captivated with my accent!

Anonymous said...

goodonya Leisa...I think it makes perfect sense now that dual citizenship is allowed.
You know, in my humble opinion, (and I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with your citizenship or otherwise) the good old US of A has asked for many of the kicks it has received - imagine electing GWB twice! - and I think there are many really legitimate things to bash about that swaggering, naive, self-absorbed, bloated and polluting country. I think Greene's "The Quiet American" (one of his best) is a classic example; but...
what other country in the modern world has such ideals to live up to (and will therefore inevitably be seen to be falling short of its potential)? what other country in the modern world is "an idea!"? And such a GOOD idea!
The 'love-hate' relationship I have with the USA does include the 'love..'
I'm sure the USA is richer for every single 'Leisa' that is welcomed - gaining the perspectives of those who have a wider view of the world, and who are willing to contribute their blood and treasure towards the realisation of the Republic's immense potential.