Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hail Storms in Indiana

We have had a couple of doozy hail storms in the last 2 weeks. This one shredded a lot of my garden. Another one put dints in Joel's car and Todd's brand new car. Insurance will repair. Maureen had a guy come and check the roof to be sure we didn't have roof damage - but she did not, so I assume I am good too. It was much worse north of here.

Generally a mild late spring temperature-wise and we have had a lot of nice rain. I have only needed to water my potted plants so far. No tornado activity around central Indiana.




Hail dmage to my Lamb't Ear and Hosta's. The hydranga was destroyed - only very early tender blooms. More are already popping up. I have not been able to get my hydrangea to bloom for years - and this year I was putting it on a special diet and giving it TLC to get a bloom....but I fear it was scared bloom-less!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gardeners are a happy/sorry lot. Great rewards sometimes - great despair others. At least you do not have all your hats out on the bare stalks of the shrubs to dry like Nana Bolton did in the 1976 disaster.

Poor hostas and lambs ears. Will they come back if you cut the damaged leaves off. I need to be there with my gardening clothes!

Love

Mum

Joel said...

Correction: Insurance will repair my dads car... Mine only has liability which means the rolling cheese grater is its new role.

It's not too bad though - it must have much thicker skin than my dad's new VW, because it got it a lot worse, and they were parked next to each other.